This delicious Salmon Avocado and Feta Salad with moist oven baked salmon and a simple homemade vinaigrette is a light, low carb, high protein dish that is quick and easy to prepare, it is keto friendly. A great side dish, but perfect as a meal on its own. Don’t feel like doing any cooking? See our mouth-watering Keto Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad.
A fantastic simple salad, all you need is; salmon fillets, cucumber, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, carrot, olives, feta cheese, avocados and an easy lemon and herb dressing!
How to Make this Salmon Salad with Avocado and Feta
A simple recipe. Prepare the lemon dressing. Cook the salmon fillet and break into large flakes. Chop the lettuce. Slice the avocado, red onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Julienne a small carrot. Add all the ingredients together with olives and crumbled feta to a big salad bowl. Arrange these ingredients together with the salmon. Sprinkle with herbs, seasoning and the fresh lemon dressing.
Cooking the Salmon
You can cook the salmon by your preferred method, searing it in a pan works well giving you nice crispy fillets, we like baking it in the oven to keep the salmon nice and moist.
How to Oven Bake Salmon
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (450F).
Rub the salmon with olive oil and season with dry parsley, salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a oven dish. Bake for about 15 minutes, make sure it is cooked through.
Cutting the Avocado
- For this salad you can cut the avo into cubes or slices, we prefer cutting the avocado into cubes, this is how to easily cube an avo.
- Cut the avo in two pieces length wise.
- Open the avocado by twisting the two halves.
- Remove the pit from the one half.
- Cut the flesh inside the skin of the avocado into squares.
- Scoop the avocado squares out of the skin with a spoon.
Make a Simple Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing.
Vinaigrette is made by mixing something acidic such as vinegar or lemon juice with oil. In this simple vinaigrette salad dressing we mix about 3 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil with the juice of half a lemon juice (1 tbsp) and enhance it a it with salt organum and dry parsley. Drizzle over the salad.
Variations in Salmon and Avocado Salad
Any greens can be used for a base, arugula and baby spinach works well instead of lettuce, nice fresh and peppery.
The vegetables in this recipe is simple; use your imagination, radish, parsley, corn will all work well.
Capers can be used instead of olives.
Spice up the salad with some herbs. The freshness of dill is delicious in this salad, cilantro also works well.
Change the cheese, soft goats cheese or mozzarella instead of feta.
Turn up the heat! If you like it spicy chop up some jalapenos or use chili olive oil in the dressing.
Is this Salmon and Avo Salad Keto Friendly?
The nutrition content of this recipe shows it is a high fat, low carb salad that fits the ketogenic diet. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat, this is known as a “good” fat that helps to lower bad cholesterol. Salmon is also rich in a “good” type of fat, polyunsaturated fat called omega-3 fatty acids that is good for brain function and lowering the risk of heart disease.
What is the keto diet?
The ketogenic diet is very low in carbohydrates and high fat diet. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. By replacing carbohydrates with fats your body turns to a metabolic state called ketosis to generate energy.
Serving Size for this recipe
The portion size for this recipe is a healthy portion of this avocado and salmon salad as a side dish for 4 people, see on the photo. The salad was prepared as per recipe to serve 4 without scaling.
Salmon Avocado and Feta Salad
- 280 gram x2 salmon fillet (2×5 ounces)
- 105 gram avocado (1 medium size fruit)
- 60 gram feta cheese crumbled (2 oz)
- 150 gram cherry tomatoes (1 cup)
- 40 gram bell pepper
- 100 gram lettuce chopped
- 55 gram carrot small (julienne)
- 100 gram olives (1 cup)
- 75 gram red onion chopped (1/2 medium size onion/2.6oz)
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil (3 tbsp)
- 15 ml lemon juice (about ½ medium sized lemon squeezed)
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp dry organum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bake the salmon in the oven (or fry in pan)
- cut avocado, cherry tomatoes, carrot, bell pepper
- chop lettuce
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, organum and parsley to a jar and mix by shaking well
Making the Salad
- Combine the avocado, feta, tomato, cucumber, bell peppers, olives and lettuce in the salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon dressing and toss.
- Assemble the salad by adding the salmon
What did you think of our Salmon Avocado and Feta Salad?
Did you like this recipe? Please let us know, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!