This fresh Strawberry Cucumber Salad with tangy feta cheese, fresh mint and a simple lemon vinaigrette is the perfect summer combination.
This delicious summer salad is a delicious sweet savory marriage, try this unusual fresh and light combination to spice up your summer barbeque.
How to Make this Strawberry Cucumber Salad
Wash the cucumber, cut into slices and cut the slices into quarters. Cut the strawberries into quarters. Chop the red onion. Make the lemon vinaigrette dressing by mixing the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and dry parsley in a jar with a lid that seals well and shake. Mix the strawberry, cucumber and red onion in a bowl. Splash liberally with the lemon dressing and toss.
Cutting the Strawberries
- Wash the strawberries well.
- Cut off the tops of the strawberries.
- Cut each strawberry in half along the length.
- Place strawberry halves face down on a cutting board and cut into quarters.
Cutting the Cucumber
Cut the cucumber into thin quarters. See our step by step guide on different ways to cut a cucumber.
Some Favorites in Our Kitchen on Amazon
- Quality Santuko Knife
- Pairing Knife
- Simple Knife Sharpener
- Salad Bowl Set
- Wood Cutting Board Set
- Salad Spinner
Make a Simple Lime and Chilly Vinaigrette Dressing.
Vinaigrette is made by mixing something acidic with oil. In this simple lemon vinaigrette salad dressing we mix about 2 table spoons (30 ml) of extra virgin olive oil with 3 tsp (15ml) lemon juice, (15m) 3 tsp apple cider vinegar and add some dry parley. Mix by shaking well in a jar with a lid that seals. Drizzle over the salad.
Variations in this Strawberry and Cucumber Salad
Vinaigrette – change the dressing, this salad also works very well with a balsamic dressing change the dressing by combining 45 ml extra virgin olive oil with 30 ml balsamic vinegar.
Cheese – change the cheese, using gorgonzola or goat cheese are good alternatives to feta, if you like a bit more punch, a stronger blue cheese is a good option in the cucumber salad.
Cucumbers – we use English cucumbers, they are slender, smooth and almost seedless, but other varieties of cucumbers would also work fine.
Fruity and Fresh Strawberry and Cucumber Salad
- 300 grams strawberry
- 300 grams cucumber (1 medium to large english cucumber)
- 70 grams feta cheese crumbled
- 8 grams mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp lemon juice (15 ml)
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- Cut the top end of strawberries and slice into quarters
- Slice a cucumbers and cut the slices in half.
- Cut half a red onion into slices.
- Rip mint leaves into large pieces.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the following dressing ingredients through shaking in a jar with a well sealed lid; lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and .parsley.
MAKE THE SALAD
- Add the cucumber, strawberries, mint and red onion to a salad bowl.
- grind pepper liberally over the salad
- Sprinkle with the lemon vinaigrette and toss
From the nutritional information you can see this is a low carb, low calorie salad with only 147 calories per serving and only 3% carbohydrates. Nutrition facts were calculated with an online calculator and is an approximate, use your favorite tool to confirm.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Calories – 147
|Total Fat 11.4g
|Saturated Fat 3.3g
|Total Carbohydrate 9.6g
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g
|Total Sugars 5g
|Vitamin D 0mcg
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.
The nutrition facts provided in the recipe were calculated with an online nutritional calculator and are approximates.
More Amazing Fresh Summer Salads
What did you think of our Strawberry Cucumber Salad?
Did you like this recipe? Please let us know, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!