Italian Style Tuna Rice Salad
A simple, light tuna rice salad, easy and quick to prepare. Toss together tuna, veggies, herbs, mozzarella and sprinkle with the beautiful bright green citrus dressing.
- 210 gram wild rice/long grain rice mix (1 cup)
- 240 gram Tuna in Olive Oil (2 cans)
- 90 gram Corn of the cob (1 cob/can sweetcorn)
- 110 gram mozzarella cheese ball (3/4 cup)
- 30 gram black olives, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 40 gram red onion chopped (1/4 cup)
- 40 gram bell pepper chopped (1/4 cup)
- 75 gram cucumber chopped (1/3 avg size fruit)
- 7 gram fresh parsley chopped (2 tbsp)
- 150 gram cherry tomatoes (1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Basil and Parsley Vinaigrette
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil (3 tbsp)
- 30 ml lemon juice (2 tbsp) about 1/2 lemon
- 15 ml white wine vinegar (1 tbsp)
- 5 gram garlic chopped (1 clove)
- 7 gram fresh parsley (2 tbsp)
- 5 gram fresh basil (2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp dry organum
Bring water to the boil in a large pot, add rice. Boil your rice al dente. It will take about 20 minutes. Let the rice drain and cool down, transfer to the salad bowl.
Drain the tuna and flake in a bowl.
Open a can of corn or boil a cob of corn and remove corn from the cob.
Chop all the vegetables.
Cut the mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes in half.
Add tuna, mozzarella and all the cut and chopped ingredients to the rice.
Sprinkle with the prepared vinaigrette.
Spice with salt and pepper to taste, mix, let it rest for at least an hour before serving.
Green Basil Parsley Vinaigrette
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender; olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parsley, organum, salt, pepper. Blend until all the herbs are chopped up.