Cucumber and Carrot Salad
A fresh and crispy carrot and cucumber salad with a light lime vinaigrette and sesame seeds.
- 500 grams cucumber (2 medium sized fruits)
- 250 grams carrots (3 small/medium carrots)
- 30 grams spring onion (2 medium onions chopped)
- 1 tbsp dill (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 15 ml lime juice (1 tbsp)
- 15 ml white wine vinegar (1 tbsp)
- 45 ml olive oil
- 1.5 grams salt (1/4 tsp)
- 1.2 grams ground pepper (1/2 tsp)
Peel and julienne 3 small/medium carrots
Thinly slice two cucumbers and cut the slices in half.
Cut two green onions into thin slice.
Finely chop a tbsp of dill.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the following dressing ingredients through shaking in a jar with a well sealed lid; lime juice, white vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Make the salad
Add the cucumber, carrots, spring onions and dill to a large salad bowl.
Sprinkle with the lemon vinaigrette and sesame seeds, toss