Tuna and Couscous Salad
This tuna and couscous salad is a delicious, simple, light throw together couscous salad packed with flavors and made with a balsamic, herb and olive oil vinaigrette.
- 150 gram couscous (2/3 cup)
- 170 gram tuna (2 cans)
- 100 gram black olives (1 cup)
- 50 gram capers (1/2 cup)
- 140 gram corn (1 cob/can sweetcorn)
- 350 gram cherry tomatoes (2.5 cups)
- 120 gram red pepper (3/4 cup)
- 200 gram cucumber (1 medium fruit)
- 40 gram red onion chopped (1/4 cup)
- 8 gram basil (1/3 cup)
- 10 gram parsley (3 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (45ml)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (15ml)
- 3/4 tsp oregano dry
- 3/4 tsp parsley dry
- 1/2 tsp salt
Prepare the Couscous – Put couscous in sauce pan (150g) add equal volume of boiled water(150 ml), put the lid on. Leave for 5-10 mins until the couscous is soft. Fluff the couscous up with a fork, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper if you like.
Balsamic Vinaigrette – Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a jar with a lid that seals well, shake well and sprinkle over the salad.
Make the Salad – Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl, splash with the salad dressing and toss.